- About Us
- Alternatives Leadership Academy
- Urban Arts
- Career & Employment Services
- Girl World
- Restorative Justice
- Prevention Programs
- Clinical Services
- Get Involved
- What's New
You are here
Run for Alternatives: Half Marathon & 5K Race
Sunday, September 9, 2012 - 12:30
Staff and supporters of Alternatives, Inc. are joining forces to take on the Chicago Half Marathon & 5K Race this September and raise funds to support our work in Uptown and beyond!
WHO can participate: Anyone who can maintain a 13 minute per mile pace (or will be able to by race day.)
WHEN: The race is Sunday, September 9, 2012. We have to make an initial commitment by June 29, and register everyone by August 10.
WHAT is required: Each runner will commit to raising at least $100. That's just four $25 donors, or $10 each from ten friends!
Our runners will receive a $5 discount on half-marathon registration, and receive guaranteed entry for either the half marathon or the 5K.
For details about the race, please visit http://www.chicagohalfmarathon.com/.
HOW to register:
1. Sign up for the race: Register online at http://www.active.com/framed/event_detail.cfm?CHECKSSO=0&EVENT_ID=1986909) before August 10, 2012. Use the coupon code CHMALT12 to be added to our team of runners and receive a $5 discount on the registration fee.
2. Let us know you've joined the team: Email Marty McConnell at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our team email list and learn of special opportunities, including optional Saturday group training runs.
3. Start fundraising: Visit our team fundraising page on Stay Classy and create your own personal page to share with friends, family and colleagues! Find our page here: http://www.stayclassy.org/chicago/events/chicago-half-marathon-5k-altern....
INTERESTED or have questions? Email Resource Development Director Marty McConnell at email@example.com or call 773-506-7474, x209.